I haven’t done this since February, but at least I’m doing it now. It was exciting to make progress on my press to handstand goal this past month. The goal I want to make the most progress on in the next 30 days is the photography/photoshop goal.
- Read 20 books, roughly alternating between fiction and non-fiction. Chronicle those books on GoodReads. Three and a half down. Sixteen and a half to go.
- Use the Habit List app to track daily habits. I have not been using habit list as frequently as I want to be. I
- Learn how to use my fancy DSLR camera. Use it to take pictures of family and other things that inspire me. No, but I did find a short class that I am going to take this month.
- Learn basic Photoshop. Or at the very least, Lightroom! No.
- Continue to devour and sift through parenting advice. This is the easiest goal I’ve ever set for myself.
- Bring art back into my life, either by creating art myself or supporting artists I love. At least once a week, visit a museum, go to a concert or performance, take a dance class, make or create something. Unless you count following artists on Instagram, not much art has graced my life recently. I visited the studio of an artist I really like in SF, but I can do better here.
- Create weekly “sprint” goals and check in with those goals every Sunday. Nope
- Reflect on the last day of every month on my progress toward these 2017 goals. Rewrite or add goals as necessary. Plan the work. Work the plan. Doing it now, but it’s been a few months.
- Learn more about the basic principles of interior design and use them to create spaces we love in our new home. We have made very little progress in the last few months. It hasn’t been high on the priority list, even though it’s something I think about all the time.
- Travel somewhere ambitious. Europe, perhaps. Hong Kong.
- Take at least two cooking classes. Not yet.
- Cook at least one new recipe every week. Does it count that I had every intention of making Thai curry from scratch, but was foiled because the ingredients are actually really hard to find?
- Learn to do something moderately interesting with my hair. OMG I finally learned how to do beach waves with a curling wand. Took me long enough. (It’s really as easy as they say it is.)
- Rid my closet of old styles that no longer suit me and replace them with both timeless and of-the-moment pieces I love. This is definitely a work in progress. I’m getting a full length mirror this weekend and plan to Marie Kondo as soon as I have that. I’m tired of what’s in my closet.
- Throw weekly dinner parties. We haven’t done much entertaining lately.
- This is the year! Create and manufacture an MVP by March. Set up website. Sell product. Gain a following. Sell more product. The product I thought I was going to make is different than the one I set out to make at the beginning of the year, but I’m making progress. I should have samples this month!
Many Thing Megan
- Write at least one blog per week for Many Things Megan. Alternating between parenting-focused and something else-focused. Not even close, but I set up a system so that I can get this goal back on track this month!
- Share articles on other websites, like Scary Mommy, Pregnant Chicken, and other sites with a sense of humor. Get at least three articles published externally in 2017. Not yet, but there’s still time.
Health & Fitness
- Prioritize self-care. Spend at least 30 minutes on myself each day, doing yoga, getting acupuncture or a massage, going for a run, climbing, whatever… as long as it’s for me. I have been doing this much more consistently lately. I feel SO MUCH BETTER when I take care of myself.
- Continue to eat fresh, organic, healthy foods. Work hard to find farms and butchers that produce meat ethically. Buy from them as exclusively as possible. (Side note: Get a chest freezer!) Yes on the healthy. I’ve tried a couple new butchers, and right now GoodEggs is the best option. Still working on the chest freezer, but don’t need it just yet.
- Climb at least one 5.12a by yearend! Climb 5.11c’s and V5’s consistently. I got two V5s in the last two weeks. So I’m on my way!
- Climb outside at least once. Not yet.
- Remaster the seated straddle press to handstand. Progress! I got the cheater version down.
- Learn crow to handstand. Quite a bit of work to do on this one.
- Even out and strengthen my left side. I’ve been working on this a couple days a week, but it needs to be part of my daily routine. My left side is so effed.
Community & Giving Back
- Find a San Francisco organization worth joining and join it. Help make it better. Not yet!