Ambitious? Indeed. Life is ever-changing, but at this moment, these are the things I’m excited to make happen in 2017.
- Read 20 books, roughly alternating between fiction and non-fiction. Chronicle those books on GoodReads.
- Use the Habit List app to track daily habits.
- Learn how to use my fancy DSLR camera. Use it to take pictures of family and other things that inspire me.
- Learn basic Photoshop. Or at the very least, Lightroom!
- Continue to devour and sift through parenting advice.
- Bring art back into my life, either by creating art myself or supporting artists I love. At least once a week, visit a museum, go to a concert or performance, take a dance class, make or create something.
- Create weekly “sprint” goals and check in with those goals every Sunday.
- Reflect on the last day of every month on my progress toward these 2017 goals. Rewrite or add goals as necessary. Plan the work. Work the plan.
- Learn more about the basic principles of interior design and use them to create spaces we love in our new home.
- Travel somewhere ambitious. Europe, perhaps.
- Take at least two cooking classes.
- Cook at least one new recipe every week.
- Learn to do something moderately interesting with my hair.
- Rid my closet of old styles that no longer suit me and replace them with both timeless and of-the-moment pieces I love.
- Throw weekly dinner parties.
- This is the year! Create and manufacture an MVP by March. Set up website. Sell product. Gain a following. Sell more product.
Many Thing Megan
- Write at least one blog per week for Many Things Megan. Alternating between parenting-focused and something else-focused.
- Share articles on other websites, like Scary Mommy, Pregnant Chicken, and other sites with a sense of humor. Get at least three articles published externally in 2017.
Health & Fitness
- Prioritize self-care. Spend at least 30 minutes on myself each day, doing yoga, getting acupuncture or a massage, going for a run, climbing, whatever… as long as it’s for me.
- Continue to eat fresh, organic, healthy foods. Work hard to find farms and butchers that produce meat ethically. Buy from them as exclusively as possible. (Side note: Get a chest freezer!)
- Climb at least one 5.12a by yearend! Climb 5.11c’s and V5’s consistently.
- Climb outside at least once.
- Remaster the seated straddle press to handstand.
- Learn crow to handstand.
- Even out and strengthen my left side.
Community & Giving Back
- Find a San Francisco organization worth joining and join it. Help make it better.